Saturday, July 2, 2011

Habitat For Humanity Renovation Station Introduction...

I have been reading a LOT about the Renovation Station by the Habitat for Humanity on several blogs and all about how they score great deals and find awesome ideas there. So, last week I decided to check out my local H4H store. When I say "local" I mean 35 minutes away! I didn't even know we had one in Oklahoma :)

My first impression? L.O.V.E. at first sight!!! Well, maybe not first sight of the building, or even the area where it is located {why do they always have to be in the bad parts of town?}, but when I got in the door, I was blown away!! Blown away not only by the prices, but the variety of the items they carry!! Not to mention the mass quantities of certain deals!!! I was overwhelmed to say the least.

I spent a good hour in there, just wondering around looking at everything and racking up all the crafty ideas my brain is wanting to do in the very near future. I think I was asked about 10 times if I needed any help. The employee's are way friendly!! And I'm sure I looked a little out of place, next to the "normal" customer. I saw several contractor type men in there with their measuring tapes attached to their belts. But guess what... I have a measuring tape too!! {NOT attached to my belt :)}

Here is a quick picture of the items I bought that day:



Yes, that is it!! I'm telling you, I was so overwhelmed, I didn't know what to get!! Haha...

But I can tell you this, I only spent $5 for everything you see!!

I will be going back really soon to stock up of some items that I have in mind. If you have never been, and you have one near you {or even 35 minutes away, because YES, the drive IS worth it}, you need have to go!!!

So readers, I want to hear all about your trips to the good 'ole H4H... What do you buy from there and why?

1 comment:

  1. My first visit was about 3 months ago and I made out like a bandit :) I did a post about it. I need to go again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I have a love affair for comments... Thank You!