Thursday, July 21, 2011

Proud to Announce...

Our new (to us) dining room table & chairs (and bar stools)!!!!! I'm not sure why, but I have been so afraid of the electric sander and staining bare wood!! Weird right?! Well, not anymore!!

I bought this lovely gem off Craigslist for only $75! It came with the table, a leaf, 4 matching chairs and 2 non-matching chairs.



It needed some love and a little cobweb removal. I loved the fact that the table top was round and the base was pedestal. I was also loving the little curves her feet had ;) I had BIG plans for this one!!

I stared by cleaning her and removing all the nasty away (and the gum that had been stuck underneath the table top.. Really??). Then I prepped my area and got started.


 Love my paint can's for propping things up like this!!


Primer!!!!



All primed and ready for paint!!!


I have been wanting some color for our new home, and what a better way to bring it in than in the kitchen!! So, after a loooooong thought process, I  went with this!! It's "Harbor Blue" by Rustoleum (spray paint in gloss of course).


I wanted to glaze it to tone done the BRIGHTness of the blue and so all the creases could soak it up and really POP out at ya!!


I LOVE glaze!! It's a super easy and fun way to transform anything (and everything!!).


Chair details after glazed and dry!! Look at that detail!!!!


I so wish I would have gotten a pic of the top during the sanding and staining process. I was so nervous about doing it (this was my first time to use an electric sander and stain!!) I totally forgot! However, let me start by saying I am no longer a scaredy cat and it was so so easy!! The dining room of this rental is just awful and so is the lighting, so these pics do no justice! (one day I will figure out how to use my camera the right way and all my pics will look fab!)


I love how everything turned out (shown here without the leaf. It is going to need some more work, but we probably will never use it anyhow, so I am waiting to do finish it this fall when it's not over 100*). The top is stained a dark walnut (hard to tell here :(

I also picked up a pair of bar stools from a friend that was moving out of state. We will need a set so I thought I could paint them to add even more color to the kitchen!


Once again, loving my old paint cans!!


I used Krylon's tented primer for these and I just love this rusty color! Wish they had a paint in this color!!


Krylon's Cherry Red Gloss is a very BRIGHT red, but when you add some glaze to it, it looks like this..


And once again, it is a little darker than in the picture. (darn flash!!) Oh, did I mention the bar stools swivel too!!! Yea!!

Now my kitchen will have some color, but it's starting to look like a red, white and blue theme, which I am not against, but not going for either, so I will be adding touches of other colors (yellow, a little orange and maybe something else) after we move!!

Stay tuned for a house tour....

5 comments:

  1. *In the voice of the Toy Story Aliens* Ooooooh! I would be thrilled if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional linky party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-party.html.
    See you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! Hope to see ya again soon!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How BEAUTIFUL!! You must be THRILLED with the colours in your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Check you out! How come this is the first I've seen of this beautiful set? Where have you been hiding? You need to get out to some linky parties and strut your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I have a love affair for comments... Thank You!