Saturday, June 25, 2011

Barn Wood Frame...

Well it was Friday, so naturally, I wanted to hit a few Garage Sales!! After I woke the kids up {at the crack of 10am} we threw some clothes on and headed out. We don't live in a huge town, so it's always hit or miss, and today, it was a miss :(

After stopping at the only two sales we saw, I decided to check out the two {yes, so sad} thrift stores we have in town. I found nothing at one, but then found this at the other:


LOL... Yes, that is a puzzle that has been framed with broken glass!! I just can't imagine why it hasn't sold! Well, I bought it... for the frame only!! Cost me $3 and a splinter, but I had big plans for it :)

Remember the post where I made my daughter a wire & clip photo board? If not, you can find it here. I wanted to do the same thing for my laundry room for the new house, but in a more rustic way of course!!

To do this, these are the tools you will need:


  1. Tape Measure
  2. Hammer {I love my small hammer!! It has hidden screw drivers inside it!!}
  3. Pencil
  4. Jute or some sort of rope/line
  5. Something to secure the jute with. I used wood staples, but you can really use just about anything!!
Next, you need to find your center and make sure the spaces where you will put your jute is evenly spaced from each other.


After marking where the staples will go, hammer those girls in!!



Then attach the rope and tie it around each staple in a double knot. Pulling it as tight as you can across the other side, tie it to the other staple and secure with another double knot.



I don't have any clips for it just yet {I'm on the look out for some small antique clothes pins}, But when I find them, I will hang cute black and white photos from it!!

Total cost: $4.99

My inspiration? You can find it here on one of my Pinterest boards. Feel free to look around while you are there!!

Looking for a fun Linky Party? This post is connected to Vanilla Bean!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a love affair for comments... Thank You!