Saturday, June 25, 2011

Unique Coffee Table Find...

I have been searching and searching for THE perfect coffee table for weeks!! I wanted something unique. Something unusual. A conversation piece. I fell head over heals in love with this:


You can see how Suzanne of Pieced Pastimes made this here. Yes, she MADE it!! {I will still grab anything like this if I ever see it!!! Not sure why, but I think it is so cool!!}

I also really liked the idea of used pallets. Wooden pallets are BIG business right now!! Not to mention they are probably the closest thing to a free project you will ever get. People love to give you their used pallets!! I found this coffee table made from pallets and thought it was a very cute idea:


To see how this was made, check out Joanne from Waiting For Two here. I loved how she used the open slats to hold magazines!!

So since I had all these great WONDERFUL ideas, I dug and dug and finally found something via the awesome Craigslist!!! I had to drive about 45 min. to pick her up, but so worth it!!


{$40}

Check out all the details on this!! There are 2 drawers on one end of it..


{I love the original hardware!!}

And there is a built-in magazine rack in the other end..


{Check out those antique casters!!!}

All it needs is a little TLC and she will look great!! Very unique and functionable all at the same time!! I am all about a piece of furniture that has hidden storage!!

As a bonus, I also talked the guy into selling me this:


{$10}

Stay tuned for the finished coffee table results.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a love affair for comments... Thank You!