Monday, June 6, 2011

A new home for us...

My amazing husband and I have been married for almost 7 years (June 12th)!! When we first met, we bought a small very quaint home in the small town I grew up in. Our original plan was to live there for 2 years and then build out dream home together! Well, although we were on the "2 year plan", things just didn't quite work out that way :)

I am happy to say that we are currently in the building process... 7 years later. We have had many quirks and kinks along the way, but baby, we are finally here!! WooHoo!!

Everything is happening so fast!! We signed the contract with the builder about five weeks ago, and they started breaking ground the very next week!! Can you say EXCITING!!!

We did get a lot of rain here in Oklahoma, which halted us to a prompt stand still for about three weeks, so we are a little behind schedule. However, the framers are lightening speed fast and in just four days, we have gone from a solid concrete pad to a house that is ready to get shingled!! Crazy, I know!! Here are a few pics in order, from days one, two, three and four:





How's THAT for progress?

Also, we met with the designer yesterday to pick all our interior out. Um ya, let's just say that was FUN! For a designer at heart myself, I was all over it :)

From the colors of the paint and trim for the walls, to the stain on the cabinet doors and tile back splash in the kitchen, we had a blast!! I can't wait to see it all come together and actually be installed in our new home!!

Oh.. the best part of yesterday... She thought we were newlyweds! I love the fact that we are still so much in love, that it shows to others. Forever & Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a love affair for comments... Thank You!